Monday, March 12, 2012

CHASING A ROCK AND SOME PICS FROM PAULEY

It has been a long while since i've posted anything here.  I hope  all is well with you my readers.  Over this past weekend I had the opportunity to  witness some history as I , along with other locals, watched as the long awaited Rock made it's way down Wilshire Blvd this past Friday evening on it's way to LACMA.  This piece will be " hanging " on LACMA's north entrance of it's museum, to be ready some time this spring or early summer.   I n trailing this rock down Wilshire I decided to start my route on the corner of Wilshire and Western , the corner where the rock would make it's turn after spending the previous night in South L.A. 
The rock acutally arrived earlier than expected around 1:30 AM and probably could have arrived at LACMA earlier than expected if not for some illegally parked cars that needed towing.





Crowds waiting patiently for the rock to pass 

 More spectators waiting on Wilshire and Highland

 

Street sign from La Brea Avenue taken down to make way for the rock !!!!

Chillin' on La Brea

La Brea Tar Pits during the early morning hours

The Rock approaching it's final destination, LACMA

Making the turn on Wilshire and Fairfax

Such a lovely moment in time ( I'm talking about the rock !!!! )

The Rock has arrived !!!

OK, now, for an update on Pauley Pavillions renovation.  This Bruin fan sure can't wait for you to open your doors again.


From the north end




Northwest entrance


A peek into the north concourse.  Hey, you can see my reflection !!!




A peek inside from the west end.

I can already tell the councourses at Pauley are going to be much more roomier

 
 Me in front of the northeast corner

 
I feel like hoping on that




No public access ?  Hmmmmm

View from Drake

Hey, check out this kid running the track and working on his dribbling skills.  Something tells me he'll be doing that inside that building in a Blue and Gold jersey in about 10 years

Hey, there he goes again.  I'm tellin' ya.  He's gonna be doing that inside that historic building behind him in a Blue and Gold jersey in front of thousands of 8-clappers in about 10 years !!!!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment